Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Electronics mount on front ?

Posted by jv4779 
Electronics mount on front ?
August 09, 2011 06:25PM
In the process of finally building a sells mendel after a year of repstrap use. I am wondering why the think sheet electronics mount is on the front of the printer instead of the back? It sure looks like it would be in the way on the front.
Re: Electronics mount on front ?
August 09, 2011 07:37PM
I've seen it mounted underneath, or on the side - other than the bit of rigidity it adds to the frame, there's no real reason for a particular location.
August 09, 2011 08:08PM
I've never understood why one would want to mount it all up front like that. It seems like that would be terribly in the way, both functionally and visually. Even in the back, I could see it interfering with tall prints. A side seems to make the most sense. I mounted my RAMPS electronics in the back left bottom corner. Seemed like the best balance for being out of the way, but still easy to route all the wiring to it.

-Jason

repraponaut.blogspot.com
Attachments:
open | download - RepRaponaut RAMPS housing.JPG (167.4 KB)
August 12, 2011 08:19PM
I use Pololu drivers and I prefer them mounted up front where there's good ventilation and I can easily add a fan etc if I need, things get a bit warm down near the 100 degree C heat bed.

Also in my particular case I'm in the process of adding a QVGA touchscreen to my electronics so I need them somewhere easily accessible to the user.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login