Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LargeScaleAdditiveManufacturing...

Posted by prashantdshinde 
LargeScaleAdditiveManufacturing...
December 16, 2019 01:33AM
Hi all,

I am about to build a 3d printer for large scale printing.

I am thinking to use Servos for X & Y axes and steppers for Z & extruder.

I am exploring how to connect servos to controller board like RAMPS/MKS/etc.. Any suggestions?

Also thinking on to control all axes using CNC servos and extruder through stepper but I don't know how to procees on this..

Can the CNC controller read gcode file prepared by slicing software for the axes movement only?

Anyone can help/suggest me in this....

Regards,
Prashant.
VDX
Re: LargeScaleAdditiveManufacturing...
December 16, 2019 02:39AM
... I'm using UHU servo drivers, which are controlled by STEP+DIR like common stepper drivers -- they receive the encoder signals and make "close loop" on their own.

There are other comercial drivers too with this capability ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
December 16, 2019 02:47AM
VDX
... I'm using UHU servo drivers, which are controlled by STEP+DIR like common stepper drivers -- they receive the encoder signals and make "close loop" on their own.

There are other comercial drivers too with this capability ...

That actually looks like a solution that isn't that expensive as well. What else would I need besides three stepper to servo UHU drivers? Is there more info to be found somewhere?

I'm currently building a newer machine at home and always wanted to try our servo motors!

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
VDX
December 16, 2019 04:35AM
... could be, the UHU drivers are only locally available (was a forum build) - but you can find some BLDC drivers at 'nanotec', that should do the same:

[us.nanotec.com]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

December 16, 2019 12:14PM
VDX
... could be, the UHU drivers are only locally available (was a forum build) - but you can find some BLDC drivers at 'nanotec', that should do the same:

[us.nanotec.com]

Those are a factor 10 more expensive

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
VDX
December 16, 2019 01:59PM
... not really - paid 105€ for the assembled UHU drivers too -- but they are way "beefier" with 150Volts@10Amps, than the Nanotec ones grinning smiley

Viktor
--------

December 16, 2019 11:53PM
Thats a lot of info guys...

But in general if I have to use Panasonic servo and its drives, how do I connect it on RAMPS board for X & Y axes?

Is there anyone who has done this?

Regards,
Prashant..
VDX
December 17, 2019 03:26AM
... do you have all the relevant connection infos (type, pinout, datasheet, ...) -- it's pretty hard to impossible to guess ...

Viktor
--------

December 17, 2019 01:19PM
You need a fitting servo drive for the panasonic servo. In the datasheet of the servo drive you will find the relevant control directions.
I would suggest reading up on it yourself as it is not as straightforward as plugging in steppers into a ramps board, as you will also have to tune the servos.
Google knows everything. I suggest finding a suitable servo drive and just reading the manual.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login