Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interesting raft problem

Posted by lmpsnwbr 
Interesting raft problem
August 28, 2011 03:12PM
Ive been searching the forum to find out how SF42 can generate a raft that doesn't follow the outline of the printed part. Ive Printed the calibration cube with no problems however, when i tried to print the 3d vase that comes in the replicator g folders it prints a raft then prints the first layer of the part half on the raft half off. ive tried several different versions of SF and have run the output through repsnapper since my TZ gen 3 electronics will not run on anything else.

Ive had some luck printing raftless on my lazercut build plate but i know that i will need the raft for larger prints. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Re: Interesting raft problem
August 28, 2011 07:31PM
This can happen if the STL file doesn't touch the z axis zero over the whole bottom layer.
August 28, 2011 08:45PM
is there anyway to fix this? i am using downloaded stl files for now since my desktop with solidworks is dead.
I have netfab studio on my netbook, can that make the nessesary changes to a stl file to make it work?
August 29, 2011 04:02AM
In Carve tell it to start at second or third slice until you get a clean bottom...
If you are having problems with SF you can give SFACT a try..

Manufacturer of low tolerance Filaments PLA, ABS, ASA, PETG, TPU, PA, PVA,
[www.miafilament.com]
[github.com]
August 29, 2011 10:33AM
RepG is good to re-orient .stl files.

lmpsnwbr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is there anyway to fix this? i am using downloaded
> stl files for now since my desktop with solidworks
> is dead.
> I have netfab studio on my netbook, can that make
> the nessesary changes to a stl file to make it
> work?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login