Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[SOLVED] X-axis dir always on?

Posted by korban 
[SOLVED] X-axis dir always on?
November 22, 2011 01:58AM
My x-axis would only go in one direction, i tried setting the endstops to false or true, and it didn't make a difference, I thought it may be the Pololu, but it works fine on the y-axis.

So I checked the pin with a scope and it is always high. Is it possible the pin is damaged? or is there some software setting i'm missing?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2011 04:17PM by korban.
Re: X-axis dir always on?
November 23, 2011 09:07PM
Is there a way to disable endstops completely? In case they are malfunctioning?
November 24, 2011 02:30AM
Unplug the endstops if they're not working smiling smiley

With FiveD and Sprinter you can configure the firmware to ignore them. With Teacup, you simply comment out the pin definitions in config.h. That said, Teacup does debouncing of the endstops, so even poorly working ones can be used successfully (for homing).

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

November 26, 2011 03:48AM
I swapped the x-dir and y-dir pin functions and the original pin stayed high. So I bent the pin out of the socket, assigned x-dir to a spare pin and ran a wire from there to the x-dir pololu pin and it all works fine now.

So it seems that the original pin is damaged, i'll have to get another 644p at some point.
November 30, 2011 04:17PM
Found the problem, when I programmed the fuses seems I missed the JTAG fuse, this stopped the x-dir and the 3 endstop pins from working! All good now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login