Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

z-axis are not turning...

Posted by nawikre 
z-axis are not turning...
November 23, 2012 04:50AM
Hello fellow builders,

i have a problem and i cannot find the solutions.
Finally i finished my prusa mendell. When i wanted to test it i saw that all motors worked exept the z-axis. The meke a sound but won't turn. i disassembled them and tested them again without anything mounted to the z-axis motors. I started the sotware Pronterface where you have 3 different options to test the motor. 0,1-1 and 10. When select 0.1 both motors turn. when i select 1, both motors turn. But when i select 10 both motors make 1 click (1,8mm) and then stop and only make a noise. when i assemble the motors again and test it the same way....only the option 0.1 does somethimes something, others do nothing...they only make a noise.

These are my specs of the prusa.
1 x computer power supply that delivers 12V and 8A
1 x sanguinololu v3.1A

personaly i think that it is a power issue.....that the motors are nt getting enough power to get the job done, but a do not know for sure...and bfore i go out and buy me one i would like to have your opinion.

Hope my englisch is undrstandable enough for you to read the problem.

Many thanks

Iwan
The Netherlands.
Re: z-axis are not turning...
November 23, 2012 05:52AM
In pronterface, have you played with lowering the Z speed and trying to move 10 mm again ?

Have you tried giving more current to the Z-motor by adjusting the trimpot of the pololu / stepstick / whatever it is you have as a motor driver ?

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
November 23, 2012 07:58AM
I've found the pronterface motor move buttons to be unreliable - try using G Code instructions or repetier host
November 23, 2012 08:49AM
DeuxVis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In pronterface, have you played with lowering the
> Z speed and trying to move 10 mm again ?
>
> Have you tried giving more current to the Z-motor
> by adjusting the trimpot of the pololu / stepstick
> / whatever it is you have as a motor driver ?

i feel like a real noob now....i indeed just needed to pitchup the stepperdriver a bit...it works fine now....

thanks for the tip...

topic can be closed now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login