Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help Inconsistent Steppers

Posted by Fabbers 
Help Inconsistent Steppers
July 29, 2013 05:35PM
Hi Folks:

I'm at my witts end. I'm working on a Sumpod Aluminum. I have a proper Marlin firmware modified for the machine (provided by our friends that have the same working machine).

Here's what I have. Arduino|+Ramps (supplied by sumpod and probably off brand) we were able to get the LCD and encoder working properly, but we can't get a consistent output on any or the x,y or z motors. We have tried rewiring the wires for polarity, we have switched populos and we have adjusted the pot on the populo's. What we get is simply, inconsistent operation of the motors. Sometimes the motors don't react at all to the manual control. Sometimes it reacts and just pulses, sometimes, it turns and turns, and it turns only one direction regardless of the direction manually indicated. We have had the same result with two different motors, and different populo's and on different axes. I've also just run, the RAMPS diagnostic. I'm not 100% sure it was correct, but i had no reaction from the machine at all. I assume that after loading and turning the machine off, it is supposed to go through it's routine, in my case...nothing happened.

I also have now bought an official Arduino plate, and RAMPS from GRRF. When I uploaded the firmware, well from the first view...something like Eithopian script showed up on the LCD. So obviously sumthing must be changed in the firmware for the different boards...but really i have no idea where to start on this.

So if anyone can throw some sunshine on this situation, I really appreciate it.

Best Regards

www.fabbers.ru
www.mirshtuchek.ru
www.fabbers.com.ua
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login