Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

side-insertion M4 nuts for 20mm T-slot

Posted by akhlut 
side-insertion M4 nuts for 20mm T-slot
February 07, 2013 11:33AM
Hello everyone,

I just stumbled onto the fact that adafruit now has a CNC section. The best part of this is that they have these side-insertion nuts - 50 @ $12, which is way cheaper that a similar misumi componenet.

Figured I'd let you know about it.

I ordered a pack this morning. I'll post back about the quality.

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
Re: side-insertion M4 nuts for 20mm T-slot
February 07, 2013 12:48PM
Ooh those look good, shame if I bought 50 to the uk I'd spend more on postage sad smiley
February 11, 2013 07:44AM
Good to know ! thanks for sharing smiling smiley

@james glanville, for UK if you find KJN too costly, try Motedis, their t-nut for 20x20 extrusion are also interesting [www.motedis.fr]
(at 0,18c/p by 100 that's like 9€ the 50)

about // liberapay // flickr // wiki // thingiverse - github
March 28, 2013 01:04PM
And they work as advertised! Very nice, low profile, easy to insert and extract. Makes adding things easy and cheap!

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
March 28, 2013 08:42PM
Nice find
They looked stamped but I am sure they do the job fine

Good forged T-Slot nuts are really expensive and used more for clamping down things on a CNC machine
For 3D printer use, these nuts would be fine

My projects are listed here - [www.el34world.com]
May 03, 2013 11:08PM
Heads up. If you are using 80/20inc extruded aluminum these nuts will NOT work. They wont work for side or end insertion.

FF
May 04, 2013 02:12AM
Thanks for the heads up FF. I am using 80/20 series 20 (20mm by 20mm) for my delta build and I've been looking for a good source for drop-ins.

I've tried several of my own printed designs, and none work well - at least not for M3. The channel opening is just a bit too narrow. I haven't yet tried M2.5, but I guess that's next.
May 04, 2013 05:29AM
That's a great find! Those openbeam kits look like a great way to kickstart a build.

Just searching around now for UK supplies of mechanicals, the regular suppliers aimed at industrial users can be very expensive. Hopefully Sparkfun resellers over here will carry this stuff and save us some shipping costs, eg. [www.skpang.co.uk]. Oddly they don't have the nuts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login