Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z-axis movement after homing

Posted by Stargrove1 
Z-axis movement after homing
July 13, 2015 12:54PM
Hi everybody,

I am building a Rostock Mini Pro, so far the frame is finished, motors and carriage attached, electronics wired and firmware flashed. During the initial setup I found an issue in the manual movement, after homing the printer with the three endstops on top, I am not able to move the z-axis down with Repetier host. If I move the carriage down manually, I could move up and down in a certain range, x/y-axis is working as well. What I don't understand is, when I use Pronterface and perform exactly the same sequence, I am able to move the z-axis down after homing.
I am not sure if I messed something up with configuration (attached), but I used it nearly as provided on Github. Can anyone give me a little support on that? I'd like to stay with Repetier host where I drive my Robo3D with. Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (32.8 KB)
Re: Z-axis movement after homing
July 16, 2015 02:08AM
After some further search how to debug the end switches, I found that is possible to manually move after homing IF I send a M114 command after homing. It seems that Pronterface is doing this automatically, while Repetier host doesn't. Is this behavior normal?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login