Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Head fan on Duet

Posted by lolocaledo 
Head fan on Duet
October 29, 2015 09:52AM
Hi all,

Perhaps a basic question for you : The head fan have to be always on however when I connect on Web control, the Fan Control is 0% and I have to set it up manually to 100%
How to fix that parameter ?
Re: Head fan on Duet
October 29, 2015 09:56AM
lolocaledo
Hi all,

Perhaps a basic question for you : The head fan have to be always on however when I connect on Web control, the Fan Control is 0% and I have to set it up manually to 100%
How to fix that parameter ?

You should probably wire your fan (hot-end fan?) directly to the 12V supply, the fan control I believe is regarding a layer-cooling fan which can be controlled via the gcode (slicer).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2015 09:56AM by Koenig.
October 29, 2015 10:06AM
Hello,

I find M106 S255 in config.g
with this parameter, head fan is on after initializationDuet reset
October 29, 2015 11:06AM
The FAN0 output is for a print cooling fan, not a hot end fan. A hot end fan should be wired permanently to 12V or whatever your power supply voltage is. On the Duet 0.8.5 there are 2 outputs for always-on fans. On the Duet 0.6 you can connect an always-on fan to the motor loom connector using the outer 2 pins of a 3-pin connector, as shown here (see HOTEND FAN)

You can connect a second always-on fan to the two pins immediately above those two.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2015 11:07AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].

October 29, 2015 04:34PM
Can you control the hotend fan to turn on/off at specific temperature like with Marlin? Currently, my fan turns on after my hotend hits 50 degrees, which is nice so that I don't have to listen to it all the time.
October 29, 2015 04:43PM
Kurzaa
Can you control the hotend fan to turn on/off at specific temperature like with Marlin? Currently, my fan turns on after my hotend hits 50 degrees, which is nice so that I don't have to listen to it all the time.

Not yet, but I am planning to add this to RepRapFirnware when it is running on the Duet 0.8.5. That version of the board has two controllable fan outputs.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login