Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FLSUN from AliExpres

Posted by LVD 
Re: FLSUN from AliExpres
October 10, 2016 08:05AM
slanwar
FLSUN sent to me a firmware for this machine yesterday, I didn't test yet and I'm not sure if is the same as LVD. Anyway today I tested ABS with this printer using the PEI surface and sticked really good with no glue or any other material, was set 100C for the bed and 240C start then reduced only the extruder temp to 230C. Now a question about the second fan (LVD), is the fan connected to the same fan as the extruder's fan? If it is how do you turn off the fan when printing ABS?

sorry to say, but this the "old stuff" without auto-leveling sad smiley --- looks like an older release of marlin and it is the same, they put on the SD-card which was delivered with the printer
LVD
October 10, 2016 10:14AM
Mike60
looks like LVD is "off" - last posting: 23. August 2016 22:38

any other members working on the FLSun Firmware ?

Give me a break please winking smiley
October 10, 2016 11:00AM
@LVD:
so you are still here - that's nice - take a break as long as you like grinning smiley
October 12, 2016 04:46PM
Hi all. I just finished building my FLSUN Delta. So this afternoon I gotta try get it going. I'm gong to have a good read of this forum to work it out, but I hope I can get help where needed lol. Quick question. Can the printer run stand alone? It's got an sd slot? Reason being I've got no windows pc I can dedicate to the printer (it's currently dedicated to my 3axis cnc). I'll use the of to load the firmware, but I'm hoping I don't need to buy a new pc.
October 12, 2016 06:57PM
Theman
... I can dedicate to the printer (it's currently dedicated to my 3axis cnc). I'll use the of to load the firmware, but I'm hoping I don't need to buy a new pc.

first the positve: the FLsun has a SD-card-slot and can run/print stand alone
but:
how will you get the files to the sd ?
the models must be "sliced" by a slicer - for setting the layers, temperatures, movements .... based on the typical settings of the printer

how will you do this without a PC ? - please explain your hardware and software setup - may be interisting

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2016 07:38PM by Mike60.
October 12, 2016 08:11PM
Ah yes sorry. I forget people don't know my situation.
Im a cnc programmer. So don't worry to much about dumbing down things too much. I've got a pc, which is dedicated to my cnc machine. But I can use it to setup the printer/firmware, but I don't want it to have to be connected to use the printer. I've got a few raspberry pies which I was wondering if they could be used to control the printer if it can't be done stand alone. But apparently it can do I shouldn't need them.
I use fusion 360 on my MacBook to draft things up, then I can save the file and put it throug slicer either on my MacBook or pc to make the code, then transfer it to sd card. So getting a code onto the sd card is a no brainer.

Does that help?
October 12, 2016 08:19PM
I had a few concerns when plugging everything into the mobo. I guess I can't test it till I turn it on after work, but the main one was - does it matter which motor is x y z? I couldn't find anything to state whether it was critical or not with a Delta printer. I'd like to be able to set it all up so I can whack in an sd card with the loaded job and let it do its thing. I haven't installed the firmware yet (that's today's job) so I'm not sure what firmware to use. I see people saying to download the latest whatever, but firmware is not my strong point.
October 12, 2016 08:20PM
OK, now we are clear and uptodate winking smiley

what about Toshiba FlashAir W-03 Karte with 8GB in the printer;
simple&cheap - still working here - i only have to start the print's on the printer (but not walking around with the SD)

(remark: i heard about "octoprint" - a pi connected to the printer, but i dont know, if it works with the delta)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2016 08:22PM by Mike60.
October 12, 2016 08:29PM
does it matter which motor is x y z?

yes very important ! - follow up the Assembly manual

for the FLsun i use the last "Marlin"-software, setup by LVD (it's here in this thread for download)
October 12, 2016 10:38PM
You built your CNC? I'm building one and I will use a 3W laser. For your Kossel after you upload the firmware you will need to calibrate and this video really explains very well how to calibrate.
Calibration
October 12, 2016 11:06PM
Ok I thought it might matter for xyz motors. I'll have to check the manual again. I don't recall anything other than what slots to plug them in where on the mobo. I just went x left y right z rear. But will re investigate. If I can run the printer stand along after setting it up I will leave it at that. It's too close to Chrissy to spend more cash lol. Although the flash air is cool. So behind on tech these days. Wifi sd card - amazballs. I will let you know how I go when I get home with the motors and firmware

I just looked through the whole assembly manual... cannot find anything to specify which motor should be x y and z. can anyone help with this. i have the printer sitting in front of me. i have a left right and rear in relation to the triangle. the filament cooler fan is facing me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2016 01:32AM by Theman.
October 13, 2016 02:43AM
i can't get it working . i think i stuffed up the driver install now i don't know how to reset the drivers and start over sad smiley

i don't know what to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2016 02:55AM by Theman.
October 13, 2016 03:04AM
ok.. so system restore took care of the driver issue... drivers installed now and it responds in repetier. so thats good.

I've downloaded marlin off here, and I've loaded it into audrino, I've set the z height and now i don't know if i need to change anything else.
I've think I'm getting the hang of it. i havent printed yet. thats tomorrow now.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2016 07:40AM by Theman.
October 14, 2016 08:34AM
Wooo! So I got a test cube printed. So it works. But I tried to print something else and I'm having drama getting the base layer to stick, it's a 50mm cog. I think it's cause the plate isn't flat. I ran a g29 to try sort it out but it didn't make much difference. Thoughts?
October 14, 2016 09:35AM
Are you printing with PLA or ABS? Heated plate? Use painters blue tape and a bit of elmer's stick glue and make sure the tip of the hotend almost touches the plate.
October 14, 2016 09:36AM
Also did you calibrate all the towers? If not use the video i sent you
October 14, 2016 05:12PM
Pla, on the supplied hotbed. Should I put tape down even on the hot bed? I've got the bed set st 60 degrees.
I went through the video. I'll try again today
October 14, 2016 05:40PM
Use the glue as well but if you calibrate the machine well then you don't need glue also I use PEI on my glass and I don't use glue or anything else even with ABS.
October 14, 2016 05:43PM
Another site explaining the calibration process
Calibration
October 14, 2016 06:09PM
Another good site to calibrate the printer calibration but never use the "Z0" until is fully calibrated or the tip will crash in your bed, also I would change temporary the #define Z_MIN_POS -5

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2016 06:12PM by slanwar.
October 15, 2016 03:36AM
i can't find the 'DELTA SMOOTH ROD OFFSET' in marlin. i am using VLD latest firmware
LVD
October 15, 2016 04:38AM
Change DELTA_RADIUS directly instead; or give G30 a try (auto-calibration)
October 15, 2016 05:33AM
Madness. It works. Prob not the best calibration but it works. Now I need to work out how to tweak slicer to be better. The first layer is still a problem.
October 16, 2016 12:45AM
So I've got a problem, though probably not a problem. Just wondering if everyone else noticed this problem once they printed. I calibrated the machine, then printed and the head scraped the surface still. I had tested it everywhere I could at z0 and not scrap. I think the hot bed changes shape slightly when it heats up. Is metal expands when hot, so now I need to recalibrate with the bed hot.
October 16, 2016 08:28AM
I'd also love to know how to got the Toshiba flash air card to work. I can't transfer to the card over wifi. Only read. And I tried running a program straight off the sd card. Did all sorts of weird things. And it's the Sam code I ran from repetier on t he pic. Looks like I might have to get another pc.
October 16, 2016 09:15AM
sorry to say, but your "fighting" against a lot of problems at the same time. please do a step by step trouble shooting, one problem after another - otherwise you will NOT get the system running with best results
(for example: 1th calibration, 2nd bed leveling, 3rd temperatures 4th sticking on the bed 5th setup the slicer ...... after finding solution for every problem, you can go to "options" like the FlashAir

DELTA printer are NOT plug&play --- if somebody want's plug&play, i suggest the Makerbot (unbox, filament load, bed leveling -> GO !)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2016 09:20AM by Mike60.
October 16, 2016 04:33PM
While I appreciate your comment. I am trying to tackle each problem individually. Is your steps in order? Wouldn't you level the bed before calibation? I tried tape and glue. Seems to work. I've printed a few parts now. So as far as I'm concerned it works at a useable level right now. So my next concern was flash air. Loading the exact same code that worked off the pc does not work when loaded on sd card. Ideas?
October 17, 2016 11:30AM
Theman
While I appreciate your comment. I am trying to tackle each problem individually. Is your steps in order? Wouldn't you level the bed before calibation? I tried tape and glue. Seems to work. I've printed a few parts now. So as far as I'm concerned it works at a useable level right now. So my next concern was flash air. Loading the exact same code that worked off the pc does not work when loaded on sd card. Ideas?

I have no idea on the flashair card. But I saw in your previous posts that you have raspberry pi boards. I took a pi 3 and run repetier on it and it has worked perfectly for me for controlling the printer. There are detailed instrunctions here. If you have a pi 3 the on-board wifi works fine. Hope that helps.
LVD
October 17, 2016 07:31PM
Theman
...Wouldn't you level the bed before calibation? ...

The other way around
October 18, 2016 03:18AM
sorry about the confusion, i said "for example" - my posting was about "fighting many problems at the same time" - you should follow the descriptions and videos in the www
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login