Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper Driver Board

Posted by Soon Wei 
Stepper Driver Board
May 19, 2013 05:24AM
I have a question, When you guys buy a 3D printer controller board do you prefer the driver to be on board or a add-on board?
I am work on a printer board with following spec and wonder if anyone interested to get 1 later on? (Must say it's a prototype)
- 6 Stepper Driver
- 4 Thermocouple sensor
-6 MOSFET switch
- 3 Heater (Heated bed, extruder etc)
- 3 12V/Vin selectable (for fan etc)
- X,Y,Z (Min, Max) 6 x switch connector.

Cheers,
SW
Re: Stepper Driver Board
May 19, 2013 06:24AM
Personally, I prefer on the board.

The spec listed looks quite normal, for 2 or 3 extruders. If you add another 1 or 2 extruders, I might be interested.

Regards,
Simon Sim
May 20, 2013 09:51PM
Just an update here. Will have to shelf the PCB design due to some other business work again.

Regards,
SW
May 20, 2013 11:53PM
Btw, I also started designing my own board. 4 extruders & hotbed. Still thinking if I should stick to Arduino or try PIC32 or some other MCU. Currently using Arduino Mega(same as RAMBo).

Regards,
Simon Sim
June 03, 2013 11:54PM
Hi,
I am planning to make RUMBA board. Already have 3-5 in plan for guys in the SG community ready to use it.
Anyone interested to get one, if I made it in the next 2 month?

Cheers,
SW
June 04, 2013 05:03AM
Would be good if you made more info available on its features and of course cost
Thanks
June 12, 2013 01:20PM
Hi,im currently designing my 2nd printer,and everything onboard is best since im designing it to be more mobile than portabee,minimal risk of transport damages if everything is compact like in a box
June 25, 2013 11:19AM
Hi,

preview of RUMBA Board Black version. grinning smiley
[www.dropbox.com]

Cheers,
SW
June 25, 2013 01:01PM
nice.. around how much would it cost after the completed set? coz im still in progress of designing my mobile printer,i still need to source for aluminium profile for the frame.
June 25, 2013 11:49PM
The online is selling at US$99. So should be at that range. (not include shipping, oversea usually $20+)
Do note that it does not include the driver board(around US$10-15/pcs). I am preparing for the A4988 and DRV8825. (2 different version)

Do let me know if you want as some people are asking me to reserve for them. A few will be use by me and 2-3 Reprap comrades for our new machine.

Cheers,
SW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2013 01:14AM by Soon Wei.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login