Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multicolor 3D printer with liquid colorant (ink) and white PLA.

Posted by jueste 
Multicolor 3D printer with liquid colorant (ink) and white PLA.
January 19, 2015 03:15PM
Hi I'm new in the RepRap world, since about six months ago I began the building of a Rostock based Delta printer but I with the big replacement of extruder, I want to build one with the ability of mix colours. The main idea is to control the liquid colorant with dosers with constant pressure because it is a fluid. My Delta is almost finished, and before I try to enter to modify the firmware I want to be sure that the idea will work, so I made the design of the modified extruder with the guide of these two reports : Jamer Corbett - RepRap Colour Mixing. Colour Mixing, Pia Taubert - Continuosly - variable material properties in RepRap 3d printing Colour Mixing. And this is how it looks like (attached image). But my principal and biggest problem is to find the ideal liquid colorant (ink). I mean we had the masterbatch to ink some thermoplastics but could become a issue to control de dose of that system. What I really want is something like masterbatch pellets but in liquid state, I will try to make a mix with the WCMYK base colors, the white color will be the filament and the restr of colours need to be the inks.

Someone can help me to found the best liquid colorant or the type of ink that could works with PLA - ABS in the same process of the extruder process itself?

Video of mixing colours with filaments.
Attachments:
open | download - MCYK-extruder.png (86.5 KB)
Re: Multicolor 3D printer with liquid colorant (ink) and white PLA.
January 19, 2015 04:45PM
I don't know about your specific question, but you should STOP cross posting in every other subforums if you want to continue discussing it.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login