Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do you control a servo-motor from arudino/RAMPS

Posted by Simba 
How do you control a servo-motor from arudino/RAMPS
October 15, 2012 03:51PM
To: "The clued in"

Is there native support for powering 2 or 3 servos with arduino, without giving up any of the stepper controllers? Or are all the IO pins taken up by the pololus?

Also, does anyone know where I could find a code example?

Thanks in advance!
Re: How do you control a servo-motor from arudino/RAMPS
October 15, 2012 06:14PM
How many free pins you have depends on the electronics. IIRC Arduino IDE comes with sample code for a servo and as you probably know, all ATmega based RepRap electronics can run Arduino software just fine.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

October 15, 2012 06:17PM
Wait ... do you mean such a servo:
[www.conrad.de]
or a more general motor with position feedback? I meant these modelbuilder servos.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

October 24, 2012 06:20PM
Just search for servo in the forums. I put up code and guide for using four servos with ramps.it was the thread about an automatic bed leveller. Had a YouTube video and everything ... Go mad smiling smiley
October 24, 2012 06:57PM
okay will do. We are trying to integrate the servo code as "G" commands and it isn't responding.
October 24, 2012 09:23PM
Here's the post Andy-net is talking about. Good work! [forums.reprap.org]
October 25, 2012 01:01AM
Got it working! We missed in one major area, and that is that 5V is NOT connected on the arduino regulator by default. We had to jumper it.
October 23, 2014 10:55PM
Hey all, new to this site.

I love this idea of using G-code to control servos vi arduino. let me inject this into your mind, now that I know it's possible from a programming standpoint. Could you not just use servos to operate the 4 axis of a 3D printer and have a cute little mini "my first 3D printer"? This is what I've designed, 4 axis and X-Y is an omnidirectional bed. I know it's possible from an engineering standpoint, but is it possible to use 180 degree hobby servos on a gear and toothed track to run a working printer? (Btw, print volume 2" x 2" x 2", I'm being realistic here.)
Attachments:
open | download - printer.jpg (149.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login