Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

batch gcode

Posted by ekaggrat 
batch gcode
May 28, 2015 04:08AM
hi
i am looking for sending a bunch of gcode files to the printer and have them processed one by one with a time delay of 5-10 minutes between each file. Is there a way to do it in repetier or octoprint or pronterface..
i am not using the gcode to print but to just move the printer in a sequence ... wait ... and then move again...

thanks
Re: batch gcode
May 28, 2015 04:13AM
ekaggrat
hi
i am looking for sending a bunch of gcode files to the printer and have them processed one by one with a time delay of 5-10 minutes between each file. Is there a way to do it in repetier or octoprint or pronterface..
i am not using the gcode to print but to just move the printer in a sequence ... wait ... and then move again...

thanks

Two possibilities come to mind:

1. Put the commands in a gcode file, and use the G4 command to insert the pauses between moves.

2. Somewhere in the Software folder of this forum ("Experimental" I think) is a link to a piece of software that sends gcodes from the Windows command line to the serial port. You could use this in a batch file.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: batch gcode
May 28, 2015 04:49AM
@dc42

yes i know the G4 way .. i was looking for a better way..

thanks...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login