Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.4 arduino mega 1280 stepper problem

Posted by lukasso 
Ramps 1.4 arduino mega 1280 stepper problem
April 17, 2012 03:49AM
Hi, Im building Prusa Mendel and curently, i have problem with making my stepper move. I have steper Nema 17 SX17-0905 with 8 wires on it and i tried to connect in series as specified on list of paper i have got with it.
It sais: bipolar serial
A - 1.phase - orange
/A - 1.phase - black
B - 2.phase - blue
/B - 2.phase - white
red and brown together
yellow and green togehter

So i have deducted, that A means A, and /A means 2A, That makes my connection (by another forum 2B, 2A, A, cool smiley looking like this: white, black, orange, blue.

Next step was uploading a Sprinter, which has some problem with arduino 1, but version 0.23 make it uploaded. But when i connect the board with Proterface, i connects, but with increasing fillament extrude stepper wont move. I should say, that I'm now trying this connection work, and Im trying it on extruder stepper, which is currently only thing connected (of course except four pololu). On other forums they say, they have problem with not moving just making a noise from stepper (so i have also tried increasing the voltage by this little screw on the pololu). My stepper doesn't even make the noise.

When I have tried the test firmware, LED 1on ramps was blinking, but that was all. Other two LEDs shined a little only when i have moved with the stepper manualy by my hand.

Can someone help me please?
VDX
Re: Ramps 1.4 arduino mega 1280 stepper problem
April 17, 2012 04:17AM
... A and /A (and B, /B respectively) are the two ends of a coil, so you have to connect them in the order: [A, /A, B, /B] to the plug ... for switching the moving direction you can swap the pins of a coil (e.g. [/A, A, B, /B] ).

There were some known issues with Arduino-IDE's above 0.23, so better stay with this.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 17, 2012 05:04AM
Thank you for your response, I have tried that for first time, because i sounded logical. Now i have tried combination, which is written on my ramps board (2b 2A 1a 1b) and i also doesnt work. Any other idea?
April 17, 2012 08:18AM
The connections are definitely as Viktor states. The board labelling is confusing, ignore it. Just connect it as orange , black, blue, white. If it rotates the wrong way connect it white, blue, black, orange.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
April 17, 2012 09:08AM
Thank you, Ill try it again, but I have already tried this combination, and those stepper didn't make anything, not even that noise others are describing.
Maybe i should also say, when I'm trying this, i have connected both USB and charger, which is 12V, 5,42A. Is that right?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login