Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motors not working

Posted by kalomelon 
Motors not working
July 15, 2012 05:52AM
Hello,

I bought a RAMPS from gadget3D.com (so a chinese RAMPS). Note: The drivers are StepSticks

I have a Seemecnc H-1, A classic RepRap with 4 NEMA 17 motors and a Steve's Extruder.

I don't have endstop and heating bed

I wired my RAMPS with the wiki schematic

My power supply is a french (230V) power supply: The +12V is 20A.

I put Sprinter on the board and I use printrun.

So there is the problem: When I run the motors with printrun, there is some "vibration" on the motors but it's not working. I tried to adjust the pots (potentiometers), but the problem was the same.

Also, because the drivers are cheaper, while I tried to adjust one pot on one driver, the gripping surface potentiometer broke. (but I have 4 working potentiometer)

EDIT: My bets on the problem: Maybe it's the wiring (I'm not sure of which colors go to 2A AB 1A 1cool smiley, but I tried multiple connections

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 05:56AM by kalomelon.
Anonymous User
Re: Motors not working
July 15, 2012 09:42AM
Sorry to say but a chinese ramps must not be bad because they are made in china, check parts your vendor using on the ramps !!! Not all made in china is bad, maybe some vendors using wrong parts or fake parts.

Also check this part if this is original on your ramps:
[forums.reprap.org]

In your case, try to use another stepper driver, borrow one or two from a friend and try and see if you there is some difference. Also check the mosfet if this is orginal or not or read also this topic:
[forums.reprap.org]

Check any one which bought ramps from www.reprapdiscount.com and see if you find some one report any problem, i think you can't and those are also made in china, so called "china ramps"...

Best Regards

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 09:55AM by reprapdiscount.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login