Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps heats bed but not extruder

Posted by tgmelo 
Ramps heats bed but not extruder
July 09, 2015 12:35PM
Hello. This is my first post. Hope you guys can help me.
I have a ramps 1.4 with mega 2560
At this point when I send the command, it heats up the bed but the temperature doesn’t read on pronterface or cura. The hot end does not respond, and it's reading the room temperature. The red light in on.
On the multimeter D08 it reads 11,40 and both D09 and D10 reads 0
Note: I know next to nothing about electronics and I appreciate the patience.
Re: Ramps heats bed but not extruder
July 09, 2015 01:49PM
More specifics please - what command? You say you send a command and the bed heats . . . what *other* command do you send for the hot end? M104 Sxxx? And you don't say which LED is lit - every output has one, so if only one is lit, then likely that is for the bed heater.

- Tim
July 10, 2015 05:40AM
Sorry if I wasn't more specific. As I stated, I don't know much about electronics.
I'm using pronterface and when I set the temperature for the extruder, the LED on ramps lights up but the extruder remains cold. Then when I measure the output on D10 it reads 0.
The problem with the bed is different. The bed is heating and it shows on the LCD display but pronterface is reading ambient temperature.
Actually everything was working fine a week ago, then I decided to go for a second extruder. Now neither is working.
I made the necessary changes on marlin concerning the upgrade, I believe. But I only on configuration h.
Based on what I read so far, maybe a mosfet is fried, other than that I'm clueless. Thanks.
July 10, 2015 05:44AM
D8 is for the heatbed, D10 for Extruder_0.
But that works only, when you have chosen the right type of motherboard in your firmware configuration. ( eg. in Marlin it is "33", most commonly)
-Olaf
July 10, 2015 06:38AM
Yes, I know. D10 is the one not working. The issue with the bed is different.
Maybe it is something wrong with my firmware settings. I wonder if I should change something in the other tabs. Some people change the configurations on pins.h but I don't know if the sources are reliable enough.
July 10, 2015 07:30AM
You should find out, if the gate of the D10 FET gets a "high"-signal from the controller, when you try to heat the hotend.
Then measure further to find the reason for the error.
Once you know what´s going wrong, you can find a way to solve the problem.
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login