Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS 1.4 + Mega 2560 Kossel - ZMin Always Triggered

Posted by jkhouri 
RAMPS 1.4 + Mega 2560 Kossel - ZMin Always Triggered
June 21, 2016 10:38AM
I followed a couple of YouTube guides to get my inductive proximity sensor that came with the Folgertech kit wired. The light correctly turns on in proximity to aluminum and turns off when not in proximity. The issue now is when I run an M119 protocol, the sensor is always reported as triggered and does not toggle. I know I can reverse the logic but the problem here is the toggling,not the triggered specifically.

I followed a few threads and they all talk about a fried RAMPS or Mega pin. I've swapped both pieces and am still getting the same problem.I do not know if it's still a RAMPS issue or a wiring issue. My sensor is NPN for reference. I connected the brown wire to Vline and the rest is iffy.I used a voltage divider to shoot the current to ground but am not getting the desired result.
Re: RAMPS 1.4 + Mega 2560 Kossel - ZMin Always Triggered
June 21, 2016 02:30PM
Sounds like the voltage divider has the wrong values. Use a mulit-meter to check the output from the network, you should either get close to 5vdc, but not higher and very close to zero, depending on whether it's normally closed or normally open. You also need the pull-up resisters enabled.

Another way to use a proximity sensor is to have it operate a 12vdc relay. I used a [www.amazon.com], and used the relay output as the switch. I used that one since it didn't need to use a slow boat from China to get to me and you could select that it triggered on high or low signal. No resisters needed with the relay. The extremely short delay in operating the relay hasn't affected the use of the sensor's reliability.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login