Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just got first print out, now for no reason it's broken.

Posted by Smithjoe1 
Just got first print out, now for no reason it's broken.
August 31, 2012 02:22AM
I'm pretty stuck at the moment trying to get my Pursa going. I had it printing several layers and was going through tweaking it when something went wrong and I can't get it moving again.

I've brought 2 of everything so I can swap out something that is causing me issues and continuing but now both arduino's are causing issues.

Each of the Arduino's are causing me headaches and I've got no idea how to troubleshoot it further. I'm using the latest build of Marlin with a couple of tweaks to make sure I'm not getting end stop interference.

The first Arduino won't read any temperature signals, I've tested it down to the RAMPS board but from there I have no idea what is going wrong or how to test this. When I try to do anything with the printer (move a motor) it returns the following error. This is the board that I was successfully printing with until its temp screwed up.
I was printing last night, turned it off and went to bed, woke up to get it going and that's when I couldn't get it to work.
MINTEMP triggered ! Error: Printer stopped deu to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart!. (Temperature is reset. Set it before restarting)

The 2nd Arduino is a bit better, it will read the temperature and move the Z axis. It refuses to move the X and Y axis, instead making a small noise for a moment and not doing anything until I reboot the board, when I can get it to make a small noise.

I've tried other stepper drivers, the other RAMPS board, I'm pretty sure it's an issue with both of the arduinos.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction for troubleshooting this further? I was |<----->| This close to getting my first successful print and I just feel like I'm going backwards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2012 02:22AM by Smithjoe1.
Re: Just got first print out, now for no reason it's broken.
August 31, 2012 05:24AM

instead making a small noise for a moment and not doing anything

Sounds like you try to run at a much to high speed. Try to move very slowly (F50), first. And watch what G-code is going to and from the controller. Hosts don't hesitate to send your axis to the moon and most firmwares have no protection against such attempts.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

August 31, 2012 07:56PM
I've tried to move it with a feedrate of 50, through the prontrface move speed and raw gcode (G1 X10 F50) but the same problem. I've swapped the motors out to the Z axis and they are working,
I've swapped the stepper drivers around to make sure that they weren't the problem either. As far as I can tell they aren't.

It's making a sound that it's not getting past a single step, a single click and then nothing, the same as when you connect to the printer. The other motors wont move until the board runs through the command even though nothing is happening.
September 01, 2012 07:39PM
hmmm power supply problem? wad if u dismantle the steppers n try them w/0 load ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login