Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reversed direction on steppers

Posted by Gyvven 
Reversed direction on steppers
December 18, 2012 11:56PM
I finished my build. Yay!

I got the firmware and and other software loaded, and my PC is talking to the board and the steppers. Since I'm just testing and calibrating I used Manual mode to jog the steppers and I noticed everything is reversed, except Y (I'm calling the front the side without the motor), extruder, Z-axis and X-axis are all backwards. I followed the wiring diagrams and made sure the red wires are all on the left (towards the power connectors), then blue, green and black.

Can I simply flip the wiring and the motors will run the direction I want? I'd try it on my own but I'm afraid I'll blow something up. Or is there a flip option in the firmware or host?

I'm running RAMPS 1.4 with Repetier Firmware (loaded with Arduino 1.0.3) and Host. No endstops, just using jumpers and set home to 0 for all axis.

Also, how do I define HOME in Repetier? I thought if I'm in manual mode if the axes say 0 that should be home.

Thanks,
Gyv
Re: Reversed direction on steppers
December 19, 2012 12:49AM
Suppliers love to change the colours of wires on the motors.

While you can flip them, you can invert them in the firmware.

Look in Configuration.h - I think it starts with "INVERT_" and ends in "_AXIS" but I can't be sure (going by memory).

eg: INVERT_X_AXIS

It will be either true or false. Change it to the opposite of what it is to invert it from it's current setting.

eg: Change from "false" to "true", or from "true" to "false".

Hope this helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login