Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMBo board with heated bed

Posted by joeg_9 
RAMBo board with heated bed
February 06, 2013 01:31PM
Hello, sorry to ask another question, but I am wondering if anyone has set up a heated bed with a RAMBo board yet. All the firmware works the same except my heated bed is not yet working properly, I am using Marlin firmware and wondering if pin assignments change at all between RAMPS 1.4 and RAMBo

Thanks again,
Joe
Re: RAMBo board with heated bed
February 06, 2013 04:26PM
Looking at the schematics, the pin assignments are very different. The current version of Marlin supports RAMBo, define motherboard = 301.
February 07, 2013 12:15AM
Having the same issue here. Rambo board works for hot end, but not heated bed. Checked the configuration.h and MOTHERBOARD =301.
February 07, 2013 08:39AM
The hot end and heated bed are on different circuits. Make sure that all three power inputs are supplied with 12V.
February 07, 2013 04:00PM
Also checked configuration.h and have motherboard = 301. I'm thinking the Marlin firmware is missing some code for the heated bed, I copied this over from a previous Marlin I had running with RAMPS 1.4 but still no success.

#ifdef PIDTEMPBED
case 304: // M304
{
if(code_seen('P')) bedKp = code_value();
if(code_seen('I')) bedKi = code_value()*PID_dT;
if(code_seen('D')) bedKd = code_value()/PID_dT;
updatePID();
SERIAL_PROTOCOL(MSG_OK);
SERIAL_PROTOCOL(" p:");
SERIAL_PROTOCOL(bedKp);
SERIAL_PROTOCOL(" i:");
SERIAL_PROTOCOL(bedKi/PID_dT);
SERIAL_PROTOCOL(" d:");
SERIAL_PROTOCOL(bedKd*PID_dT);
SERIAL_PROTOCOLLN("");
}
break;
#endif //PIDTEMP
February 07, 2013 04:57PM
Figured it out. Thermistor was hooked up to wrong terminal, should be T2 like the RAMPS (which is the third port on the RAMBo board, I was plugging it in the last)
September 01, 2014 01:27AM

Thermistor was hooked up to wrong terminal, should be T2 like the RAMPS
This was a key statement for me. Possibly obvious to others, but only after seeing this did I realize that the Marlin firmware will refuse to heat the bed if the thermistor is not readble... So while the thermistor was in the wrong port, no voltage appeared on the heated bed port. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login