Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

issues with ramps 1.4

Posted by tattooedfish 
issues with ramps 1.4
February 22, 2013 04:18AM
Was posting in the general section decided to come here since my issue is more electrical related than anything.

I have been as delicate as I can i however now all 4 of my pololu drivers screws spin all the way around.

I was able to get x,y,z movement was having issues with my mechanical end stops but now axis that were working are no longer working for me except for z axis.

did I ruin the pololu drivers ?
Re: issues with ramps 1.4
February 22, 2013 09:40AM
It's hard to tell if you fried the pololu's from your description. However I will say that they are extremely sensitive. One sure way to fry them is to remove and/or reinstall them while under power, or to disconnect/connect the motors while under power. Always disconnect the power source when working in this area.
February 23, 2013 01:12AM
On lots of pololus out there, (cheap ones like I own) there are no stops on the pots and they will turn all the way around. That doesn't mean anything is broken.
February 23, 2013 06:42AM
You say you were messing around with your endstops. Depending on your firmware settings, the printer may refuse to move if it thinks it is at both the X MIN and X MAX endstop.

If you send an M119, what is the ouptut?

I can see this being the case if you have your X/Y endstops misconfigured but Z is fine.

Also what jbernardis said, never attach or detach the motor or stepper while it is powered, a quick way to fry the driver.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login