Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reptroller (RAMPS upgrade)

Posted by andromedabots 
Reptroller (RAMPS upgrade)
May 01, 2013 02:36PM
Hi guys!

I have developed and upgrade to the popular RAMPS boards, it uses some of the concepts used in RAMPS like pololus and sensor circuitry. New stuff that I included is color 240x320 color LCD with touch screen interface, support for 2 heated beds, SMD MOSFETs with low internal resistance, connectors for 4 external servos, possibility of adjusting position of 2 separate endstop holders via gear motor, direct power supply via ATX24 computer PSU, connectors for external LED lights etc and smoke / flammable gas sensor for emergency shut down in case of fire or presence of flammable gas.

Description and schematics are posted here;

[www.andromedabots.com]

I also made a youtube video about it;

[www.youtube.com]

Please state you opinion about it, what do you think should be improved or if you think something is redundant.
Currently this is still a working progress thus I haven't posted any arduino software yet but that is to come by the end of this month.

Cheers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2013 02:37PM by andromedabots.
Re: Reptroller (RAMPS upgrade)
May 02, 2013 03:06AM
i can see you put a lot of work into that board,

i am curious what options you looked and and what made you settle with using 2 arduino megas vs just building it into the board.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
May 02, 2013 05:55AM
Hi,

I had to use 2 arduino mega boards simply because color LCD takes so many pins and it also uses substantial processing power
so 1 arduino wouldn't be enough. I decided not to integrate them into the board to allow quick replacement if it gets burned due to short circuit
or any other bad connections plus I would still like to see people assemble this board by themselves which would be quite hard if arduinos were
integrated.
This board will also be part of the new RepRap that I am working on, here are some first glimpses of it;

There is still quite a lot of work to be done on this one but I'll post instructions how to assemble it once I get it working which will
hopefully be by the end of May.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2013 05:56AM by andromedabots.

Andromedabots -> EU reprap printed parts and electronics supplier
May 05, 2013 12:34PM
cant wait to have a go at it. nice work!
May 05, 2013 01:35PM
Hi f3rDz,

Thanks for appreciating my work!

Let me know if you'll need any help smiling smiley

Andromedabots -> EU reprap printed parts and electronics supplier
January 12, 2015 09:31AM
Is there any result?

Best regards

Bernhard
January 17, 2015 07:42AM
I Get only dead links

www.3daybreaker.blogspot.com

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
January 17, 2015 11:10AM
This looks great!

I would nix the SMT MOSFET ides and stick with through-hole type, in case they need to be replaced at some point. They seem to be a consumable component...

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
January 18, 2015 05:55AM
You have resorected a discussion from May 05, 2013 10:35AM

all this is long long dead...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login