Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heated Bed Issues

Posted by Kinkywinky 
Heated Bed Issues
June 20, 2013 02:59PM
I just installed a heated bed on my printer and could not get it to power at first. I increased the thickness of the wire coming from the PSU (12v 20A) and can get power to the bed but it interferes with powering the hotend. When I start the heated bed first, I cannot get power to the hotend, but when I start the hotend first then I can get power to the bed. I thought, "well fine I'll just have to remember that," but when I went to print, the hot end turned off while the bed kept on. For some reason, the x-axis did not stop when it got to its commanded position, so I had to reset the printer. When I did that, the hot end turned back on and heated bed turned off and the x-axis reversed direction towards home.

No idea what's causing this but could anyone offer some advice?

MEGA 2560, RAMPS 1.4, Sprinter, Repetier-Host, MK1 heated bed, 12V 20A PSU.
Re: Heated Bed Issues
June 27, 2013 04:57AM
are you using a pc psu or a regulated power switching psu, if you are using a pc power supply many pc psu needs a load in the 5v rail to get a stable 12v
June 27, 2013 05:09AM
or you could try with marlin firmware i have no problem with this firmware with the same electronics samps 1.4 heatbed, arduino mega 2560 r3, Graphic lcd, SD reader and 2 fans
June 30, 2013 11:03AM
RicardoGA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> are you using a pc psu or a regulated power
> switching psu, if you are using a pc power supply
> many pc psu needs a load in the 5v rail to get a
> stable 12v

+1.

I have a couple of light bulbs on the 5v rail, and they are absolutely necessary to keep good voltage on the 12v.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login