Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HeatBed MK2 not heat - Help

Posted by Rjmp 
HeatBed MK2 not heat - Help
October 07, 2013 07:43AM
Hi, I'm building a 3D printer and I have a problem.
My HeatBed doesn't heat,warms more than the 88 degrees.
I'm using a font 12v 30A.
Anybody can help me, please.
Tks for all
Re: HeatBed MK2 not heat - Help
October 07, 2013 09:19AM
Hi
What is your physical setup around the heatbed?
I also had a problem when trying to get higher than 70C at first, but after putting "glava"(rock insulation) beneeth the heatbed and the plate beneath it it now warms up to 120C even though it takes some time.

If you could post a picture of the heatbed and a description of the environment around it, that would help.

You could measure the voltage across the + and - pole on your heatbed with a multimeter when you try to heat it.
That should reveal if there are some other problems involved in the setup.

My best advice: put some fire resistant insulation beneath the heatbed to insulate it that way. It worked for me.
October 07, 2013 09:34AM
Hi, I'm using this heatbed ( [www.aliexpress.com] ) and this source ( [www.aliexpress.com] ).
I called the headbed directly at the source, and use the leptop for see the temp the max is 96,not rise more.
In the headbet is 11,87V, and 1.5 ohm, i use wire with 1,5mm 28A.
I don't have any idea what do for this work.
I attrach the picture:

I can up the volt in the arduino for 15V or this is burn all ?
Tks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2013 09:35AM by Rjmp.
October 08, 2013 08:53PM
Nice printer thumbs up

I would try to put some fireproofe insulation beneeth the heatbed. It should bring it up the extra few degrees i belive.
It made a HUGE difference on mine. Basicly that will give youre heatbed one side to heat and not two, so much more wattage for the uppwards facing side. I used what we in norway calls GLAVA. It is a bit like rockwoll, so that should propably work. just make sure that it will not catch fire.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login