Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heaters shutting off!confused smiley

Posted by nrandal 
Heaters shutting off!confused smiley
December 24, 2013 12:23PM
Setup: Hadron, MBE single Sainsmart Ramps 1.4 using Arduino Mega. I am using Repetier firmware and host.

I have been printing for two weeks now without a hitch until last night. Mid print the filament stopped extruding. The reason is because the hot end shut off, the heater bed did as well. Repetier host shows them both turned ON for heating but the temperatures are dropping. Both LEDs have gone out as well on the board. This has been happening every time now.

It takes about 15 minutes for the bed to heat and then just a few minutes for the hot end to reach temp (95C and 229C respectively). I can extrude manually and then I start the job. It runs for 5 to 10 minutes and then the the heaters shut off.

I have a fan actively cooling the ramps board and everything is cool to the touch.

I am stuck. Help?!
Re: Heaters shutting off!confused smiley
December 25, 2013 04:43AM
If both LED's are out on the board, then either Arduino is shutting both Mosfets off for some reason, or if not...

split the Ramps from the arduino and check the grounding tracks to the mosfets.

December 26, 2013 11:43AM
What about the PSU, is it overheating? My LED psu is pretty sensitive about temperature and the whole printer would act funny if I don't place a fan in front of it. I spent a few hours just to figure that out.
Re: Heaters shutting off!confused smiley
December 26, 2013 02:58PM
If your power supply overheats, a fan is not the right solution. Get a new supply. Heat is not at all good on electrolytic capacitors. They will fail (often with much drama and smoke) after being over-stressed for a while. Proper size power supplies are $45 sort of items. A fire (or even multiple blown prints) are expensive ....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login