Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.4 weird issue

Posted by wmtdanimal 
Ramps 1.4 weird issue
April 12, 2014 11:57AM
Setting up a ramps 1.4 on a prusa i2. X, Y, E move fine. Using newest marlin. Z however, just sits there and buzzes. First thought it was a problem with the wiring, nope it was correct. Then I looked at the current on the polo... nope no matter what setting it was at still didn't move. So, I went into marlin and went to adv.h and changed the setting to use 2 stepper motors for z.... swapped the exact same stepper from z to e1, leaving z empty... plugged the motors in and it worked perfect, without changing a single setting on the polo, or wiring, or in config.h. What would cause the Z stepper to just freeze and buzz but the e1(z2 i guess) stepper to work just fine. Did not change anything under config.h, just swapped stepper to E1 and set the setting for dual steppers under adv.h. Ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2014 11:58AM by wmtdanimal.
Re: Ramps 1.4 weird issue
April 14, 2014 12:05AM
Anyone?
April 14, 2014 03:16AM
Have you checked the parameters for Z in your firmware?

April 15, 2014 08:45PM
Yes I have.... It is working flawless with the z connected to e2 however putting the same driver back on the z causes motors to humm and not move at all.
April 16, 2014 05:53AM
I'm wondering if the Pololu socket on the Ramps is a bit dodgy or maybe the Z motor receptacle has issues (bad joints or something?).

April 22, 2014 06:54AM
I agree, it sounds like there is something wrong with that pololu socket.

I would guess a bad solder joint on one of the steppers motor pins, either on the plug or on the pololu socket side.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2014 06:59AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login