Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thermocouple gives wrong temprature with RAMPS 1.4 and AD597

Posted by Evan 
Thermocouple gives wrong temprature with RAMPS 1.4 and AD597
June 28, 2014 06:00AM
Hello all,

At this moment i have some problems with the temperature coming of mine k-type thermocouple. I’m running it with a RAMP 1.4 and marlin software

About a month ago i bought a complete extruder with a thermocouple already build in. After some research i bought the following external board: [reprapworld.com]. After that i followed the instruction on: [reprap.org] and i got it working.

Only one problem, when starting up pronterface it says the temperature is 75 degrees Celsius Ans the hotend is’t powerd. I figured out 2 things could be wong:
1: There is some extra configuration needed sins this is a AD597 chip and Marlin supports AD595 chip (or maybe it is the themocouple that needs configuration).
2:The temperature is somehow set to degrees Fahrenheit because is it about that temperature in my room.

Thanks for your help

ps. when heating up the hotend with my hand the temperature is raising so it looks like it is functioning properly
Re: Thermocouple gives wrong temprature with RAMPS 1.4 and AD597
June 28, 2014 07:30AM
Ok found a way to ceated a offset so it is back at the roomtemp.
Anybody got an idea how te check if the tempreture is right at higher levels without dissembling the extruder?
Re: Thermocouple gives wrong temprature with RAMPS 1.4 and AD597
June 28, 2014 08:06AM
When heating up the hotend the temperature is't rising, so something is wrong somewhere.

Ok i think my thermocouple is broken, when switching the + and - of the thermocouple or completely disconnecting there is'nt any difference. When disconnecting the AD597 there is a drop in temperature so i think that one is working.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2014 08:48AM by Evan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login