Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Crosstalk on X when Y is moving long straight lines

Posted by BackEMF 
Crosstalk on X when Y is moving long straight lines
July 28, 2014 11:16AM
I'm having crosstalk issues on the X axis when Y is moving long straight lines.

When Y moves lets say 100 mm then X turns about 1 degree.
Is there a 'best solution' available?

I see several other topics with similar issues but can't find actual solutions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2014 11:42AM by BackEMF.
Re: Crosstalk on X when Y is moving long straight lines
July 28, 2014 01:39PM
Are you sure it is not just the bed levelling? That could cause all three axes to move a bit when moving purely along X if the bed is not level.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
July 28, 2014 07:58PM
No I’m not sure, but I assume that during the probing of the bed the Grid probing moves in straight lines and not semi straight.

And when send
G1 Y100
Then the X also should not move, right? But on my machine the X then moves about 1 degree in 100 little steps. And this smells a lot like 100 crosstalk pulses on the Step trace of the X-driver.

I'm still a RepRookie so I can be wrong. And I will try to figure it out. Where can I see what Gcodes the auto level GRID function sends during the probing?
Still this doesn't explain X axis moves when only Y gets a single command as stated above.
July 28, 2014 08:08PM
I have never used the bed levelling in Marlin but I pioneered the algorithm: [hydraraptor.blogspot.ca]

Yes during levelling it should work in the machine coordinate system but after levelling a movement along a single model axis can cause movement on all of the machine axes if the bed is inclined relative to both X and Y.

Try disabling the levelling in the firmware and see if the "crosstalk" disappears.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
July 28, 2014 11:07PM
I see
Thank you another thing learned today.

I thought the Autoleveling only tweaked the Z axis, good to know that there is more going on. i will check it with autolevel disabled.
I hope this will clear things up. I still have to find out the what's going on, i thought i was getting close but it's getting more complicated.
July 29, 2014 10:26AM
Can you braid the wires? I used cat5e cable for my end stops due to reading about cross talk, I don't see a problem with them now. Although when the printer is in full swing it makes my cheap multimeter go crazy. If you are using a moving end stop for auto leveling, look for phone cord wire (cat3) has 4 wires in it and is made of internally braided multistrand wires. It could help. CAT5e is using solid copper wires, and the head moving will fatigue and break them in short order.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
July 29, 2014 01:52PM
Yes i have 2 'twisted pairs' with a different number of turns. but if there is crosstalk then I think it happens at the input of the pololu on the X. I'm still experimenting with all the feedback i get from everyone.

The endstops seem to work fine it's only the X that moves tiny steps when the Y moves in long straight lines.
I've had lots of stuff on this first printer so i'm now probably thinking to hard and not seeing the obvious. Though its all in all a good learning experience.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login