Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possible to download FW back to the computer?

Posted by maddog7 
Possible to download FW back to the computer?
February 16, 2015 04:32PM
I know this is probably a very elemental thing to ask but is it possible to transfer the FW back off the ramps to the computer or have some way to read the firmware values?
Cheers
D
smiling smiley
Re: Possible to download FW back to the computer?
February 16, 2015 05:15PM
Not exactly, but close... You can retrieve all the settings that are defined for your printer, but not get the firmware itself. Just run M360 and it will dump your settings in the debug window. smiling smiley

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
February 16, 2015 05:56PM
Thank you for your help David, I ran M360 in the Pronterface console but nothing appears to happen, after your suggestion I did a bit of googling and tried M503, this revealed some FW settings but not the ones I was most interested in.
Could it be that the particular FW I'm using does not support the M360 command and if so is there likely to be another command for my FW that will give complete info?

Sorry to sound like a total dumbass but I'm a total dumbass....
Cheers
D
smiling smiley
February 17, 2015 12:41AM
Sorry - I didn't consider different firmware responses to M360... it only works in Repetier firmware.

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
February 17, 2015 08:57AM
What firmware are you running and what value are you interested in.

The firmware itself is compiled binary code. You CAN retrieve it from the Arduino, but it's totally unreadable and unusable. The only purpose for doing this is perhaps to back it up or to copy it onto a different machine.
February 17, 2015 02:07PM
jbernardis
What firmware are you running and what value are you interested in.

The firmware itself is compiled binary code. You CAN retrieve it from the Arduino, but it's totally unreadable and unusable. The only purpose for doing this is perhaps to back it up or to copy it onto a different machine.

I was looking to see how I had the endstops configured, I'll just trial and error it again until it works!

I'm using Rich Cat's Marlin.
Cheers
D
smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login