Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto bed leveling, what switch to use?

Posted by fractal5 
Auto bed leveling, what switch to use?
March 12, 2015 08:48PM
For auto bed leveling, does the microswitch attached to the servo arm replace the normal Z-axis endstop? I can't find any configuration in the Marlin firmware in the auto bed leveling section regarding what pins the switch should be connected to, so I'm assuming it will simply use the normal Z-axis endstop microswitch.

Is this correct?
Re: Auto bed leveling, what switch to use?
March 13, 2015 09:30AM
I have my Mendel90 setup so that it still first uses z-max initially to set the approximate baseline, moves down most of the way, swings the servo down, and then does it's probing with z-min.
March 13, 2015 06:16PM
cdru
I have my Mendel90 setup so that it still first uses z-max initially to set the approximate baseline, moves down most of the way, swings the servo down, and then does it's probing with z-min.

Interesting, but how do you configure in the firmware what pins on the RAMPS board to use for the microswitch that is on the servo arm?
March 14, 2015 04:19PM
In Marlin and other firmware this is most time the z-min end stop pin.

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
March 16, 2015 09:26AM
What Fractal said. It's the z-min pin, at least in Marlin. That can be changed, but it's going to be a code modification more than just changing the Configuration.h file.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login