Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need Help - Arduino Mega, RAMPS 1.4, TB6560, and Repetier!

Posted by alielsayid 
Need Help - Arduino Mega, RAMPS 1.4, TB6560, and Repetier!
March 30, 2015 07:12AM
I built a CNC milling machine I want to use as a 3d printer and cnc mill. I am using Arduino Mega and ramps 1.4 with lcd and sd card reader. I am running repetier firmware and repetier host. I am using TB6560 stepper drivers instead of the A4988. The problem I am running into is that when I connect to the board with repetier host I get an error message "the board is not functioning", when I disconnect the TB6560 drivers from the board, repetier host connects to the board without problems.
I connected the TB6560 drivers with the RAMPS board as follows:

STEP to CLK+
DIR to CW+
EN to EN+
CLK-, CW- and EN- to GND

What could be the problem in this case?
Re: Need Help - Arduino Mega, RAMPS 1.4, TB6560, and Repetier!
March 31, 2015 07:15AM
Should work...

A friends of myne did just this some time back

[andre.team9.99.org.nz]

Maybe there is something there you can spot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2015 07:15AM by Dust.
April 01, 2015 02:40AM
Thanks "Dust" for the reply.
I already checked this link some time back, I followed it's instructions and still having the same problem.
I also flashed Marlin firmware and tried to connect with Pronterface while TB6560 drivers are connected and active, Pronterface couldn't connect. When I disconnect the drivers I'm able to connect to the board. So I believe it's not a firmware nor software problem, it is related to the drivers and serial communication.
I'm assuming that somehow the drivers are interrupting the serial communication.
Any idea what's happening in the serial port?
April 01, 2015 02:46AM
One more thing, the TB6560 are driving the stepper motors nicely when I 3D print from the attached SD card.
This confirms that there is no defect or short circuit in the board or the drivers.
April 02, 2015 07:06AM
Im thinking some sort of ground loop as serial comms is no where near stepper side...

If you have you steppers drvers powered off but connected can you still talk to the mega?
What about with stepper power unplugged?
April 03, 2015 09:07AM
I can talk to the Mega when steppers power is off, and I can talk to the Mega when stepper power unplugged.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login