Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Beginners 1.3 firmware problem ?

Posted by thirty 
Beginners 1.3 firmware problem ?
August 05, 2011 05:17AM
Have read most of the threads in here about different firmware problem but not found mine.
I followed the Printhat blog (Teacup_Firmware and ReplicatorG)step by step,changed the config.ramps.h to config.h and uncomment the mega2560 line. I get no errors when compiling in Arduino and the uploading does the blink. In ReplicatorG the result I get is when pressing
jog controls +Y and +X is a small sound equivalent in length to what I set in jog mode. I only get this on the stepper connected to the X axis no other axis are doing anything. I run Arduino 0022 on a Win7 but have had the same results on XP. Is it the pin definitions?
Thank you in advance

Thanks for your help, it works fine now.
I should of course have read the entire blog post.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2011 09:28AM by thirty.
Re: Beginners 1.3 firmware problem ?
August 05, 2011 05:33AM
Teacup does not have a Config For Ramps 1.3 yet. (1.2 and older only) You will have to use Sprinter or change the pins in teacups config.h to match Ramps 1.3 ( if you do change the pins please submit it to Triffid to be added to Teacup)

Also please be aware that ReplicatorG is known to have some bugs sending the data to the printer and most people are using Printrun (Pronterface) to send the data after creating the Gcode.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
August 05, 2011 07:49AM
Sublime is correct, the print that article is for v1.2, try sprinter firmware for 1.3
August 08, 2011 09:31AM
It was not completely fixed, my hotend will not go higher than 170 degrees C.
Is there something in the firmware that I missed. I have a 100K thermistor with 30 AWG Insulated Thermocouple brass rod and a .35 nozzle and running Printrun.
Thanks in advance.
August 08, 2011 12:35PM
thirty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was not completely fixed, my hotend will not go
> higher than 170 degrees C.
> Is there something in the firmware that I missed.
> I have a 100K thermistor with 30 AWG Insulated
> Thermocouple brass rod and a .35 nozzle and
> running Printrun.
> Thanks in advance.

First we should establish which firmware you ended up using. Teacup or Sprinter?

Then we need to know what type of heater you are using. Vitreous enamel resistor @ 6.8ohms, 6ohms of Nichrome wire or other?

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
August 08, 2011 01:16PM
I'm using Sprinter firmware and this [ultimachine.com].
August 08, 2011 01:31PM
thirty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm using Sprinter firmware and this
> [ultimachine.com]
> ermocouple.

Ok earlier you say you have a 100k thermistor but now you say thermocouple.

If you are using a thermocouple you need a board [reprap.org] connected like [forums.reprap.org]

If you have all that, you will need to tell the firmware what type of sensor. In this case
Sprinter Config
// Select one of these only to define how the nozzle temp is read.
#define HEATER_USES_THERMISTOR <------ comment out
//#define HEATER_USES_AD595<--------- Uncomment this one or the one below based on your setup
//#define HEATER_USES_MAX6675

August 08, 2011 02:28PM
I have totally miss that I'm using the thermocouple as Nichrome wire trying to get heat. Now I have to get some nichrome wire or build a heating block.
Thanks again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login