Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tracking down one last issue, ooze?

Posted by RiC0MD 
Tracking down one last issue, ooze?
February 06, 2012 02:00PM
Hi Everyone,

Could some one throw me a hint, as I've been trying to tweak various things in SFACT, but havent been able to get small things/corners/objects to come out 100% clean. Attached is the last thing I printed up, but as you can see the small points around the circle are not properly shaped (cylinders), and most are maliformed completely. I'm using the latest git SFACT, a budaschnozzle hot end, extruder retraction speed of 40mm/s, distance of 1.0, restart of .1.

Is this a retraction/ooze issue, or am I running up the wrong tree? Any tips would be a great help,
Thank you in advance.
Attachments:
open | download - 6831090025_cbbc0d0e88.jpg (121.2 KB)
fks
Re: Tracking down one last issue, ooze?
February 07, 2012 02:12AM
Looks more like a temperature problem. Use the cool plugin to slow down print for sparse layers. Also use a fan directed right to the point where the filament exits the extruder, but try not to cool the extruder itself.
With PLA you usually need a fan to get good results with small features an bridges.
February 07, 2012 05:02AM
Also check the retraction settings, I had issues on my setup with retraction speeds over 10mm/s, I was loosing steps.
February 07, 2012 05:38AM
From the look of the lower ring it looks like you are extruding too much material as the layer is overfilled.

This would cause probelms on the pillars as if you are doing the same for the perimeter the material would ooze off the sides.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 05:41AM by martinprice2004.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login