Prints move to the left after layer 2 or 3
February 15, 2012 02:03PM
Hi,

Im having slight issues with my prints.

For some reason the bottom 2 or 3 layers print fine then the following layers jump to the left. The first layers do complete fine.

I've tried:
Changing the x axis stepper current
Adjusting the belt
Replaced the washer (it was rubbing slightly)

Its gotten much better, but still happening and noticable (much less after replacing the washer).

Anyone got any clues?

Many thanks,

Joe

My Reprap blog

jds-reprap.blogspot.com
Re: Prints move to the left after layer 2 or 3
February 15, 2012 04:39PM
Many g-code generators print the first layer or two slower than the remaining ones, for better adhesion. It sounds like you are seeing the slippage as the printer speeds up. Are you seeing each successive layer slip, or only in that transition from slower speed to faster speed? What speeds are you using? Do you have firmware that supports acceleration?
Re: Prints move to the left after layer 2 or 3
February 16, 2012 03:59AM
To start with it was the first 2 or 3 layers then slip, print upto the last 2 or 3 layers then slip.
After adjusting the current it removed the slip on the last 2 or 3 layers.

I think I've solved the issue, but I'll run some more prints tonight then update this post with the fix/cause just incase anyone is having the same issue.

UPDATE

It was the large washer holding the X belt, after updating to a larger (self printed tongue sticking out smiley ) washer it solved the issue. The first print I did jumped but that was only the belt finding its place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2012 03:46PM by JoeDaStudd.

My Reprap blog

jds-reprap.blogspot.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login