Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

print block keeps cooling during print

Posted by OO DURKE OO 
print block keeps cooling during print
February 09, 2015 11:37PM
Hello,

My print block keeps cooling during print. I replace the thermistor as it broke it is wired outside and making contact with my printer. I keep getting a heater decoupled error on my LCD screen. What can I do to fix this?

I am using repetier firmware and is a knockoff Prusa i3.
Re: print block keeps cooling during print
February 10, 2015 12:22AM
The heater block doesn't hold temperature
February 10, 2015 11:08AM
bump! anyone?
February 10, 2015 11:55AM
Not sure what you have done yet, or what type of hot end you're using, but I highly recommend insulating the heater block so that it will not be exposed to the ambient air temperature or the air from any fans.

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
February 10, 2015 12:10PM
I am just using the standard Aurora Prusa I3 with a Z605 board. I had to put a new thermistor on it as my old one broke. Here is the kit and thermistor im using. The block is just aluminum/steel. no insulation on it.

[www.amazon.com]

[www.amazon.com]
February 10, 2015 12:19PM
MindRealm
Not sure what you have done yet, or what type of hot end you're using, but I highly recommend insulating the heater block so that it will not be exposed to the ambient air temperature or the air from any fans.

The bed is also having issues heating. It is set to 110 degrees C. But when it gets to about 90 or so the heater is saying decoupled. Do you know what could cause that?
February 10, 2015 02:41PM
Have you tried putting a box around your printer to help contain the heat? I had to do that when I switched over to ABS from the PLA sample that came with it.
February 10, 2015 02:44PM
havent tried that. I wouldnt be able to see if it were printing properly if I did. It had no issues heating prior to this issue. I recently replaced the heater blocks thermistor and I think that caused some kind of issue. I am looking to see if anyone else ran across this issue. The LCD will often say heater decoupled as well while trying to heat.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login