Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PLA jam Printrbot jr.

Posted by nic6911 
PLA jam Printrbot jr.
February 08, 2013 04:40PM
Hi.
I have been printing with my printrbot jr for a while now. The last couple of weeks with some white PLA.
Suddenly the extruder began jamming. I cleaned the extruder, assembled it and that didn't help.
So after some trial and error i found the temp to be to low. So I got it to print fine at about 205 degrees.

Now I have changed filament, a yellow PLA, which I have printed with before i got the white PLA.

The yellow PLA jams the extruder constantly. Sometimes i can print 10 layers, but the most of the time only 1 before the extruder jams.
I have tried with temperatures from 189-230 in steps of 5 degrees to see if i could hit the right spot, but without succes.
When printing with this PLA before i had a temp at around 189 degrees.

But something else must be wrong, since it doesn't get better by changing the temp.

I have also aligned the hobbed bolt with the hole in the nozzle as i read this could cause a problem.

Anyone have an idea when looking at the pictures and reading my description?
Attachments:
open | download - WP_20130208_001.jpg (199.7 KB)
Re: PLA jam Printrbot jr.
February 09, 2013 07:02AM
I ran through all of the changes I have made since the last time i printed with this particular PLA. And one of the things was that i tightened the bolts that keeps the filament to the hobbed bolt. Apparantly I have tightened the extruder to much, because I just lossened the bolts so that there is only light pressure on the filament when passing the hobbed bolt, and it is printing as i write this. I will wait with final conclusions though. After printing a couple of things i will see if this was the solution.
Re: PLA jam Printrbot jr.
February 17, 2013 04:05AM
Hi,

I use Huxley, I too have experienced jams, while I feel that I belong to the PLA have different diameters, there is less and up to 2 mm in 1 roll of PLA.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login