Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error on my printout

Posted by Sajmon 
Error on my printout
November 27, 2013 06:24AM
Hi,

On all my printouts I'm obtaining always the same error - some kind of material blobs (you can see this phenomenon on the attached photo). I've tried to manipulate with the material volume during slicing - result NOK. I've also tried to print test model from Pronterface and then the same model from SD card - also the result was NOK.
The same phenomenon occurs on PLA & ABS.

Can somebody tell me, what causes this phenomenon & how to eliminate/reduce it?
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0932_2.jpg (80.6 KB)
Re: Error on my printout
November 27, 2013 09:38AM
Try adjusting the retraction settings. You might need to retract a bit further or a bit faster, particularly if you have a Bowden-style extruder.
November 28, 2013 07:22AM
Well, I tried to change retraction length & speed, but the phenomenon is still there.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1143.JPG (79 KB)
November 28, 2013 10:44AM
Those marks happen where the printer starts and finishes drawing a perimeter, so it's normal to see a slight mark in the surface. In your case the printer seems to be extruding a bit too much plastic when it starts, stops or both, which is causing a bump. The retraction settings help to control the flow of plastic when these stops/starts occur.

It would help if you can share some more details about your printer and your settings so that people can help you more easily.
November 29, 2013 03:04AM
The printer is based on Prusa/Mendel design with Sanguinololu.
Two Z steppers at the bottom of the printer.
Heated bed.

The Marlin fw is onboard. Also the SD+LCD module is connected to the printer, so all printouts go from SD Card.
December 01, 2013 01:01AM
As Mule says, it looks like layer change artifacts. If you have "Randomize starting points" in Slic3r checked, then try it with that box unchecked (assuming you use slic3r). It should be easier to clean up the artifact with them all in a line.

Click here to login