Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing from a mini SD card

Posted by 6puppies 
Printing from a mini SD card
December 28, 2013 10:39AM
Hi,

I just got my ecksbot and am hoping to run it from a mini SD card but I am unsure how to go about doing that.

The ecksbot has a mini SD card slot but no interface to select a file or set up printing.

The reason I want to use the SD card and not run it directly from my computer is that I have had trouble connecting to the ecksbot with my windows 8 tablet and the wire wont reach to my PC. I also have a mini SD card handy and I hear that using a SD card will remove the possibility to print errors due to computer crashes and such.

Can anyone help me out?
Re: Printing from a mini SD card
January 10, 2014 07:07AM
With the marlin firmware you have to enable SDSUPPORT in the configuration. Then you format the sdcard for FAT16 format and put a file on it called auto0.g which is your sliced gcode and it should automatically run it. I'd image its similar to the way other firmwares do it.

You will need an sdcard slot of course. SdRamps is a good choice I hear (http://reprap.org/wiki/Sdramps). I myself use a arduino sd card module with a modified connector as its was much cheaper but it required some research, soldering and a bit of fiddling.
Re: Printing from a mini SD card
January 13, 2014 03:17PM
Thanks smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login