Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reducing Print Time

Posted by Bharadwaj 
Reducing Print Time
February 23, 2014 07:27AM
Hello,

As a part of my College Project, I have been working on building a RepRap Prusa i3.
The Basic Printer is done, Now we are focusing our work towards reducing the print time.

I have searched online, but did not find helpful resources.
Any of you worked on this ? Please Share your experience.
Any links or material about this ?

Please Help !

Thanks in Advance
Bharadwaj grinning smiley
Re: Reducing Print Time
February 26, 2014 03:14PM
Thicker layers, less infill, higher speed.
February 26, 2014 04:34PM
You can also experiment with using 2 extruders. One with a large nozzle, the other with a small/normal nozzle size. Use the large nozzle to do thick infill layers, then use the small nozzle to do thin outer layers. It will let you get high quality prints, but with significant reduction in print time.

But either way, you can also just use a large nozzle size to help reduce print time.

I have also heard that 3mm prints faster, but I dont know if there is any truth to that. Might be worth giving it a shot it you can.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
February 26, 2014 05:06PM
gmh39
You can also experiment with using 2 extruders. One with a large nozzle, the other with a small/normal nozzle size. Use the large nozzle to do thick infill layers, then use the small nozzle to do thin outer layers. It will let you get high quality prints, but with significant reduction in print time.

But either way, you can also just use a large nozzle size to help reduce print time.

I have also heard that 3mm prints faster, but I dont know if there is any truth to that. Might be worth giving it a shot it you can.

Still shooting out the same size nozzles, that would make no difference....but nozzle size changes speed significantly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login