Hello all -

My print setup:
Mendel 90 printer with a Sanguinololu controller and heated bed
wade extruder, heated to 195 deg C
Heated bed, heated to 60 deg C
3mm PLA
Repetier/Slic3r
I have leveled the extruder on the bed using the sheet of paper trick
Print on glass with PVA (10:1) solution to prevent some prints from losing grip on the glass

Lately, prints have been especially hard to remove from the glass, especially those with a large first layer print surface area.
It takes a LOT of work to remove the printed object, and in one case it was pretty much impossible to remove the object without breaking the glass.

Could my extruder be too close to the bed for the first layer? Or too hot? Or too cold?

Puzzled with this new problem...
Rob
Re: Print sticking *too* well
May 27, 2014 03:32PM
I think I figured out a solution! It's related to the fact that I can wash the PVA off the glass with warm water after the print is done, or when I want to apply a fresh coat of diluted PVA.
I left the glass with stuck printed object in a bath of warm water for 10 minutes, then removed it and used the razor scraper. It was MUCH easier to remove! Practically slid off the glass.
You learn something new every day!
May 27, 2014 03:43PM
i f you shut of bed temp and reach 25 degree, it will unstick
May 27, 2014 07:35PM
I have had luck printing PLA on bare glass, heated to 65C and wiped down with foaming glass cleaner as the bed warms up.....
May 28, 2014 04:20AM
Have you tried NOT using the pva juice?

I wipe the glass with isopropyl after scraping the big bits off with a boxcutter blade.
The glass contracts after turning off the heat, and the part pretty much pops off by itself. Same printer but with ramps board, 1.75mm pla through j-head MK 5 and 0.3mm nozzle.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login