Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[SOLVED] Gaps at starting and stopping points - Bowden tube

Posted by TheTechnicalNoob 
[SOLVED] Gaps at starting and stopping points - Bowden tube
June 14, 2014 03:46AM
I've got my printer calibrated to the point I can print things quiet nicely. Just one issue though:

When slic3r decides to print the files as lots of dots next to each other the dots aren't touching each other.
I'm using a bowden cable (50-60cm long) with a retraction of 6mm at 30mm/sec. Parts are coming out as they should be, except that the top infill is slightly empty, even after calibrating extrusion width properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2014 05:20AM by TheTechnicalNoob.
Re: Gaps at starting and stopping points - Bowden tube
June 15, 2014 05:19AM
Solved. The solution was to use Cura to slice the object. It sliced the object as lines instead of little blobs stuck together.

Btw, Cura is FOSS and so much slicker to use than slic3r.
Re: [SOLVED] Gaps at starting and stopping points - Bowden tube
June 19, 2014 08:22PM
Agreed, I used to use slic3r all the time, then I tried kisslicer... so much better.

Through self sustaining actions comes freedom

DIY Tech Shop
June 20, 2014 08:28AM
ANYTHING is better than Slic3r...
Ive used KissSlicer but im using Cura now. Much faster to post the code and the output is "smarter"
Slic3r has a bad habbit of making funny moves and taking longer to print because of it.
June 23, 2014 07:06PM
Still strange that my Cura is way slower than my Slic3r... I mean, the printing times it calculates!

Cura says: 2.46 hours
Slic3r says: 1.58 hours

Slicing times are way high with Slic3r though, so I coined the name 'Slowc3r' last week.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login