Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z length has to be a discrete number of mm ??

Posted by Jerms.a320 
Z length has to be a discrete number of mm ??
June 17, 2014 09:13PM
Hi guys,

I am having some trouble getting the correct z length my Mendel90 (it has a z max limit switch, and no min). It seems that the printer will only use whole mm lengths for the z axis, for example I will put in 5.5mm z length in Sprinter, home the printer then take it down to z=0mm and it will only move down 5mm, when I raise it up to z max and send m114 it states the z height as 5mm although in Sprinter it is 5.5mm. I can move 0.1mm increments in pronterface accurately but for some reason it will only use whole mm for the z length in Sprinter (I doesn't even round properly, so does Sprinter just truncate the length to the nearest mm ?)

Thanks so much, any help would be great

Jeremy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2014 09:13PM by Jerms.a320.
Re: Z length has to be a discrete number of mm ??
June 18, 2014 04:50AM
Why are you using Sprinter? There is a version of Marlin configured for Mendel90 here: [github.com]

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 24, 2014 07:47AM
Hey Nophead, sorry for the late reply

Yeah I am using sprinter (I cant quite remember why but I had trouble with Marlin when I first set up the printer) .... will the calibration numbers be the same (can I just copy them from sprinter to marlin ) ? thanks heaps
June 24, 2014 08:12AM
I have never used Sprinter but steps per mm and axis length in mm should be universal across all firmwares. Speeds and accelerations as well as long as they are in the same units. I.e. mm and seconds, not minutes as used in the G code.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login