Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

After printing 2 hours - Z axis suddenly stops moving

Posted by Arnold 
After printing 2 hours - Z axis suddenly stops moving
June 20, 2014 03:16PM
Hi all, I discovered a new problem on my printing. Sometimes when I do longer printing like 2 or more hours, suddenly Z axis motors stops but every other commands on X and Y axis goes on.
I watched print head, so there are new layers prinnting by x and y, but no steps by Z axis up. So after this in few minutes head stucks, because there is no lifting on Z.

Anyone know where is the problem ?
Re: After printing 2 hours - Z axis suddenly stops moving
June 21, 2014 02:15AM
Start by seeing if you can raise the Z axis up with computer higher than where it stopped.

No? Then I would look at the threaded rods for the Z axis and see if there is anything blocking them or anything else hitting on the way up.

Check to see if the Z axis motor gets hot when it stops. Maybe it needs more power. Look at the wires going to the motor and see if there are any bad spots, wiggle the wires while lifting Z axis and see if it stops.

Also would be helpful to explain what printer you have, what software you use and any other information.
June 21, 2014 03:01AM
Hi, I think everything is fine about wires, motor temperatures (Z axis is always ok, moves just sometimes), rods blocking, but I have found in Pronterface that I have for height set 100mm, maybe that is the problem because when I measured model it had 100mm when Z axis stopped move. Any experience with it ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2014 03:03AM by Arnold.
June 21, 2014 11:33AM
Set your max settings for z axis higher in pronterface and your problem is solved.
June 22, 2014 03:58AM
ok, thx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login