Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Weird interferance pattern

Posted by drmaestro 
Weird interferance pattern
June 22, 2014 04:41AM
Hi,

I have a Z wobble problem, which I am trying to correct by realigning Z rods and using adequate couplings. This is the best print I've been able to make so far. I still have some issues and would like to have your input on how to correct it.

1) My first prints had a much worse Z wobbling issue, where the edges were not straight but wavy. I think I have managed to correct it to a certain degree, as the edges are quite straight. But I still have banding visible on the print. It seems to me that it is more pronounced at lower levels, decreases when the printing height increases. Why would it become less obvious on higer levels? Is it because the Z rod might be wobbling around an axis centered to the middle of the rod, so the banding is more pronounced as you go away from the center?

2) What is causing the strange interference pattern you can see on the picture? There are various "V" shapes or wing-like shapes, changing their form depending on the height. It is almost like a sound wave or vibration pattern printed on the model. I have a similar pattern on the back side or different parts of other prints.

Thanks...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2014 04:42AM by drmaestro.
Attachments:
open | download - wobble.jpg (446.6 KB)
Re: Weird interferance pattern
June 22, 2014 08:35AM
what size threaded rod are you using?
what layer height are you printing at?
I'm not sure is that is a wobble problem or banding because of height correction.
Re: Weird interferance pattern
June 22, 2014 12:33PM
The threaded rods are M8. I printed it at 0.2 mm layer height. Nozzle size is 0.4 mm.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login