Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Layer edge problems

Posted by tmorris9 
Layer edge problems
September 30, 2014 08:33PM
So, I have this object that I print quite often and normally it prints fine but my last 3 batches of 6 all have an issue. Starting at around layer 5 and ending on layer 7-8 the edges all the way around the object will have oozing out the edge a bit. All the way around every object. The first 4 layers print perfect and all the layers after print perfect. The issue (non magnified) almost looks like a tiny rope (braided) as one layer squishes pit then the next and so on. It's very consistent on long straight sections.

It's on a TAZ 4, good filament which I measure each new roll. Now it does not matter how tall a print is, the issue always seems to be in the same area. Also this printer is only 2 months old so I doubt anything is worn out. The preview looks good.

The print specs 2mm layer height, .35mm nozzle, 2.85mm ABS around 60mm/s using Simplify3D and they use MM/m for some reason) 230c hotend, 85c bed, purple glue stick.....

The attached image is from a 50X microscope so it's very easy to see the issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2014 08:35PM by tmorris9.
Attachments:
open | download - LayerProb.jpg (46.9 KB)
Re: Layer edge problems
October 01, 2014 01:40PM
From other threads I have read, my first guess would be a maintenance issue. Is it just this print or all prints? You might need to clean your extruder gears / hobbed bolt. Also check that all your belts are still tight.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login