What temp
February 22, 2015 11:20AM
ok im probably being a bit lazy not doing a major search for this but what temp should the print head and print surface be for abs and pla??
Re: What temp
February 22, 2015 01:32PM
February 22, 2015 03:51PM
Varies based on the quality of the filament, printer, and environment.

I believe the heat bed is 60 and 110 normally. Not sure if that is measured on the surface or at the thermistor.

PLA typically ranges from 160 to 200, which I believe is at the nozzle. ABS is 210 to 240, but careful with peek hotends.
February 22, 2015 05:09PM
All will depend on your specific machine configuration (i.e. thermistor accuracy) and the filament you're using. Not all filaments are created equal.

Some suggest starting at a high temperature and lowering it until the results are bad, then going back up. My preference is to start at a temperature that I can smoothly extrude material by hand and raise it until I like the results while printing, which usually winds up lower than most seem to recommend. This should go easier on the equipment, especially if you're not running an all-metal hot end.

Bed temperatures needed will vary dramatically based on the material on which you're printing, ambient temperature, and, again, your machine configuration. You typically don't want to go over the glass-transition temperature of the material. I've had success with 45 for PLA, 75 for small ABS parts, and 85 for large ABS parts, on clean Kapton-lined glass over aluminum over PCB with ambient temperatures around 25. You might need more. You might not need that much.
February 23, 2015 05:26AM
well this is all i know about the printer

He 3D Printer Kit Package Reprap
Brand: He3D

The size of Reprappro Mendel is increased

5 mm thickness aluminum alloy table, more durable, heat up more faster
Extensibility, scalable single nozzle design (standard for the print heads, already reserve the installation position)
FT card offline print function, this card is the same memory card in the phone
Install a Melzi Ardentissimo electronic circuit (for details, please refer to electric and electronic parts catalog of our store)
For 1.75 mm filament (PLA ABS)
More simplely and easily to assembly and maintenance
Linear bearings for X, Y, Z axis! Movement is more fluent, and more accurate.
Printing precision is improved, the nozzle diameter is 0.4 mm
Replacing materials is more quickly (you can change different color materials, to achieve colorful model, for details, please refer to the beblow picture)
Printing size is increased, do not worry about a bigger model.
The power is 24 v, 400 w, support 110 v to 220 v
Print size : 230 x230x160mm
Product appearance size :470X450X400mm
Packing size : 530X230X290mm (Carton packaging)
Operation systerm support: Linux Mac windows7 or later XP.
For XP system, the printing software is Pronterface. For other systerms, the printing software is Repetier Host.

Technical Specifications
Print size ( X Y Z ) 230*230*160 mm (A 230) & 300*230*160 mm (A 300)
The Layer Thickness 100-500 microns
Layer Resolution 100 microns
Printing Filament ABS & PLA
Filament Diameter 1.75mm
Nozzle Diameter 0.4 mm
Print Speed 50—100 mm/s
Print Plate (Build Platform) Heatbed
AC Input 110 or 220 AC
No.of Extruders One
Power Requirements 50-60 Hz
Connectivity (Interface) USB
Electronics Melzi 2.0
3D printing Software Repetier Host & Pronterface
CAD Input data file format supported STL, G-code
Client Operating System Windows , Linux, Mac
Print in dual color No
Print in multi color No
Lead time 1 Business day
Location China
Warranty 12 Months

He3D-A230 3D Printer kit Reprap
Model: He3D-A230
The size of Reprappro Mendel is increased

1, 5 mm thickness aluminum alloy table, more durable, heat up more faster

2, extensibility, scalable single nozzle design (standard for the print heads, already reserve the installation position)

3, FT card offline print function, this card is the same memory card in the phone

4, install a Melzi Ardentissimo electronic circuit (for details, please refer to electric and electronic parts catalog of our store)

5, for 1.75 mm filament (PLA ABS)

6,more simplely and easily to assembly and maintenance

7,linear bearings for X, Y, Z axis! Movement is more fluent, and more accurate.

8, printing precision is improved, the nozzle diameter is 0.40 mm

9. replacing materials is more quickly (you can change different color materials, to achieve colorful model, for details, please refer to the beblow picture)

10, printing size is increased, do not worry about a bigger model.

11, the power is 24 v, 400 w, support 110 v to 220 v
February 23, 2015 04:20PM
Advertised printer specs don't so much matter as what your actual machine is capable of. For instance, I bought an E3D v6 from a US reseller and set the thermistor values to type 5 like I thought I was supposed to. However, while my temperature reading is reporting 200 degrees, the nozzle itself is only reading 180 when I use the therometer on my multimeter.

Pick the filament you want to use, in my case it is vibrant blue PLA from SeeMeCNC.

Start with a default temperature, say 180 for PLA, and see how it prints. Raise the temperature 5 degrees at a time and see how that prints. Once you dial in the temperature for that color and brand of filament, save the settings for future use.

Repeat for every roll of filament you print with.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login