Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help needed!

Posted by [email protected] 
Help needed!
March 05, 2015 02:52AM
Hi all!

I've got a strange problem going on for quite a few months, I've been trying to solve it somehow, by tightening the belts, recalibrating my extruder and so on, but the problem doesn't seem to be solved by anything I do. So if somebody could tell me what is the problem, I would really appreciate it. Here is a link to a photo, on which you can see what my problem is.

[www.dropbox.com]
Re: Help needed!
March 05, 2015 05:55AM
I'm not sure what you expected it to print, could you show a picture of the toolpath in repetier?

If you refer to the 'ringing' pattern near the corners, try reducing the xy jerk setting. The problem is usually caused if there's too much play in one of the x or y axes, or both. Hold the motor shaft with one hand while rocking the x-carriage and y carriage. Is there any play? You'll need to resolve that first and see if you can put the xy jerk back to the old value.
March 05, 2015 06:38AM
XY jerk is set to 0, and as I can feel, there is no play in any of the axis. In the image attached you can see two of that thing printed out. One is printed by the thing being put horizontally , the other is printed placed vertically. As you can see, the one printed horizontally is almost perfect, the other one is still wavy...

[www.dropbox.com]
March 05, 2015 06:53AM
So you say that the waves are in the Z axis? Maybe the printed bed bounces up and down when the bed stops moving?

Not sure what the effect would be if xy jerk is set to 0, will it take some kind of default value or does every direction change stop the motion completely before heading in another direction? I'd try setting it to 20mm/s and see what happens. At what speeds are you printing?
March 05, 2015 07:49AM
No, the waves are in X direction. Now I've mare some modifications in Merlin, added a 10mm/s jerk, hope it solves somehow this issue.
March 05, 2015 09:37AM
Printing speeds?
March 05, 2015 12:26PM
I'm usually printing at 20mm/s, this part aswell. The strange thing is that if the part is vertical, I get those I don't know what to call it, and if the part is lying horizontal, there is no problem at all...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login