Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First prints troubleshooting

Posted by paniczklos 
First prints troubleshooting
March 16, 2015 07:09AM
[imgur.com]

Hi guys do you have any suggestions what might be wrong with my printer ( is it mechanical or software issues ? )

The cube on the pictures should be filled with honecomb structure but it look more like random pattern.
Also the infill of the first layer is not so good (as seen on the cube and the manly pendant) Pictures 1 and 3 show bottom layer and picture 2 shows top layer

I was printing with PLA, bed temperature was 60degC and hotend 190degC.
Re: First prints troubleshooting
March 16, 2015 08:03AM
Based on the pictures I would guess too fast and not enough plastic being exturded.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Re: First prints troubleshooting
March 16, 2015 09:42AM
Extrusion width too big for the part, reduce it some. Infill to perimeters overlapping too small, increase it some. Filament size (measure your filament at several points and put the median result in the slicer) . And like rhmorrison said (and probably the most important) calibrate your extruder. If you wanna print fast raise the temperature up to 220 depending on speed, 190 is for slow printing 20~25 mm/ sec. 200 for 30~40 mm) /sec. And 220 for 40+. (These are my numbers based on my filament and printer) your numbers can be way different, you will have to find them for yourself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login