Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing licence plate? legal? how to make it?

Posted by skynetprinter 
Printing licence plate? legal? how to make it?
May 29, 2015 12:50AM
Is it legal to print a licence plate in Europe? my one fell off, thanks to the manufacturer or thanks to a hoodie kid. A garage wanted to print me a plexiglass one, so i figured, whi not print a 3d one.

What program should i use? i wish i had a scan of the last one, perhaps i have a photo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2015 12:53AM by skynetprinter.
Re: Printing licence plate? legal? how to make it?
May 29, 2015 05:16AM
The license plate itself has to conform to regulations and those regulations are pretty strict. The plate that sometimes is used to hold the license plate is not realy regulated.
You will have to obtain a new license plate the official way and tell them that the old one is missing.
Sometimes what you can do is get the plate as a sticker, this is often used for cars that don't have the space for normal plates, maybe that is an option for you.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
June 01, 2015 06:05PM
If you're in the UK, only licensed organisations can print a plate.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
June 07, 2015 09:52AM
I bought one. Ye sit's true it's probably not legal in most countries. the plate has to be reflective so that's not practical with 3d printing. I dont know why they have plexiglass ones, abs is more pliable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login